Monday, November 17, 2008

Another day

This past Saturday, we said goodnight to another precious family member. Tim's grandfather "Opa" went home to Jesus Saturday evening. It seems that we were starting to move past one loss, and now are facing yet another. However sad our earthly losses are, when we know our loved one is with the Father, you can't help but rejoice! Knowing they are no longer facing the strain of this world, how can you not lift your hands and give Him the glory! In my life, true sadness is losing a family member you'll never see again, one that doesn't know God's gift of salvation. It is "goodbye" when they don't know Christ, but only a "goodnight" when we know we'll see them just beyond the gates of heaven.

Father God, help us to remember to share your love and precious gift to each person we meet. Allow them to see You through our actions and know Your love and compassion through us. Help us to be pleasing in Your sight so that all will come to know You. Amen.

Goodnight sweet Opa, kiss the baby for us, and know we'll see you again.

Your hands made me and formed me; give me understanding to learn your commands. May those who fear you rejoice when they see me, for I have put my hope in your word. I know, O LORD, that your laws are righteous, and in faithfulness you have afflicted me. May your unfailing love be my comfort, according to your promise to your servant. Let your compassion come to me that I may live, for your law is my delight. Psalm 119:73-77

2 comments:

Dee said...

I am so sorry for the earthly loss of "Opa" join the angels rejoicing in receiving him to Heaven. It is wonderful to realize that he is no longer suffering but rather meeting Jesus.

I love the image of him holding your babies whom you never held. Take comfort that they are all made well and loving one another!

You're right, there is a difference in Goodbye and Goodnight!

Hugs -- and safe travel prayers!

RHONDA said...

Just picture Opa..holding your sweet baby..and Jesus looking at them...How precious...Peace be with you and your family..You are an inspiration to me..
Love
Rhonda