Thursday, December 18, 2008

Week 21

I know, I know, I'm a day late! Truth is, I spent quite a few hours yesterday talking with a young mom who's unborn baby will be coming into the world and need heart surgery in just a few days. As I talked with her, I relived all I had been through with Kaden. I had the opportunity to talk with her about God, and how no matter what our circumstance, His plan is divine and He is in control. God has given me such an avenue to witness to families at such a vulnerable time in their lives. A chance to talk about His love for them, and that He cares, not only for their child's physical heart, but spiritual one as well. The look on the mother's face when I told her, "I wouldn't change that Kaden had heart surgery" said more than any words could. She was appalled that I would even suggest I was ok with it. But as I continued, I watched her face change and saw she understood, if it weren't for Kaden's surgery, SHE would be alone. God brought me to her nearly two years to the day after we found out about Kaden's heart. She understood, praise God. She could see how something so terrible could be made into something so amazing!

Our words aren't adequate enough to describe our loving, faithful, enduring Father. I cannot fathom a word great enough to encompass all He is to us, to me!! Praise you Father God, with uplifed hands and a renewed heart for the work you have given me!!! Thank you Father for allowing me to have Kaden, and showing me, beyond any doubt, You control the universe, and hold all things in Your hands! Glory, praise, and honor are Yours!

Praise be to the Lord, the God of Israel, because he has come and has redeemed his people. He has raised up a horn of salvation for us in the house of his servant David (as he said through his holy prophets of long ago) Luke 1:69

1 comment:

Dee said...

Isn't He grand?????? He does, He holds it all! NOTHING in my life would I change! NOTHING! It all had a purpose and was part of His great plan. At the time, I would cry out in pain, anguish or anger and wonder WHY???? But today, I know that I am who I am and my faith is what it is because of those struggles, big or small!

You are AMAZING!!!!!!!! :) I love ya!