Thursday, November 8, 2007

Me and my house....

So much for the getting up early every morning thing. In fact I hardly went to bed last night. The baby was sick all night and I'm still nursing, so we had a "Mom's all night diner" open last night. He couldn't breathe well, so he nursed more often to make up for not being able to nurse as long. Ave was sick earlier this week, so I missed 2 days of work. Just a nasty cold running through the house. Mom's job is tough.
My chapter I read today was Joshua 24. Choosing who you will serve. It seems like the obvious answer for me as a Christian. Who do I serve? God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit. But there are days where I don't serve him like I should. Days when I serve the "god of sleep" or the "god of the tv." Any of the daily things we do are subject to become a distraction from our daily walk with Christ. My biggest culprit. Take a deep breath...... serving MYSELF! Brushing off daily Bible reading and devotion to do what, get 15 minutes of me time in the morning. How about deciding the latest Nicholas Sparks novel is far more entertaining than the word of God. Ouch, that hurts to even type it out. So how do we overcome this behavior and make sure that we have our hearts right? Prayer, consistant Bible reading, seeking God in each aspect of our lives. This is the example I want to set for my children, so I reaffirm by saying, as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord!
Lord God, forgive me for my selfish ways. Keep me in your will father. Guide me in my daily life to be an example of you not only to my children and husband, but to my friends and each person I come in contact with. Let your light shine through me so there's not a doubt as to who I serve. Lord, thank you for all your many blessings in my life. Thank you for giving me a choice, Lord I choose you. In Jesus' name, Amen.

No comments: