Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Day One

So this morning I’ve decided to start a prayer/devotion journal to keep me on track with my walk. Since Tim got me the laptop, I’m hoping to be able to access everything from the kitchen table or the bed before everyone gets up in the morning. My goal was to get up early today and do this, but I’ve already gotten KK off to school and Ave set up playing games and K in his walker…. A mother’s job! This will be a bit random, I’m starting with Ephesians chpt 1. So this is about Ephesus coming to know Christ and to be heirs in his full inheritance. I know that I’m saved, but am I really living like an heir of Christ’s. Not really. I struggle through days when I should be giving thanks for the things I will receive. I should be giving thanks to God daily for his blessings. A wonderful husband, a beautiful daughter, one son born in perfect health, another who’s life God chose to spare, a large loving family, in-laws included, too many friends to count… I could go on forever. How can I want more when I already have so much.
Lord, forgive me for not being thankful to you for all you have given to and done for me. Help me to remember my first love, You, and to put you first in my life. Only through you can I truly be fulfilled in this lifetime. Help me to be an example of you in my life today. Be with me as I walk through this day, let my words minister to others and not be angry or hurtful. Thank you Lord for my life and for saving me. In Jesus Name, Amen.

1 comment:

uuu said...

Oh my friend - I know what you mean! But here's the REALLY great thing! He knew we wouldn't live "like" his heirs... because he created us to NEED him. IF we had already achieve the perfection to live as we "should" there would be NO NEED for the crucifixion, death and resurrection!

Daily walks are HARD! It's easy to remember that we need Him when things aren't right - but so easy to become complacent when things are good. Easy to praise Him when things are good, but hard to not be upset with Him when things are NOT so good.... Thankfully we serve a forgiving God.

I love that you put your heart out there.... Maybe, just maybe, I'll pick my blogging back up again! :)