Monday, April 27, 2009

Two Years



I cannot believe that this day two years ago our beautiful little boy came into this world. All the emotions wrapped up in that day still rise to the surface. The calls for Dr. Malpass, his pediatric cardiologist, the NICU team, the extra medical staff running around, it all seems to come alive again when I look at Kaden. I thought surely God would heal him without medical intervention and I would close my eyes with my hand on his tiny gray chest and open them believing that his stats would be normal and he would be completely healed. God didn't see fit to heal Kaden. He instead chose Dr. Bradley and the medical team at MUSC to be His instrument of healing. How I praise God today and everyday for the loving care we received and for the Hand of God being on our lives through the last two years.

Today, my sweet boy, we celebrate not only your birthday, but God's plan for your life. Through the sorrow and joy, the mountain tops and the valleys, may God walk with you, always holding you in the palm of His mighty hand. I love you, Kaden John, through you God has blessed my life.


“For the Son of Man came to seek and to save what was lost.”- Luke 19:10

1 comment:

Jess said...

What a beautiful video~ I know that I could feel all those emotions again just by looking at pictures! Thank you for all that you do! Heart Hugs!
Love, Jess