Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Opening doors

It's been on my heart a long time to be able to stay at home with my children. Today, God answered my prayers. I have been able to resign to be a SAHM!!! God closes and opens doors for us in His good timing, and His timing is perfect. When Kaden was in the midst of hospitilization and surgery, I felt God calling me to start Saving Little Hearts of SC. I wanted to reach out to other families to help them through their CHD journey. I'm in tears thinking of all that my Father has blessed me with. I have the help of Kaden's pediatric cardiologist, and three wonderful women who have had their own CHD journeys. I have friends who pray for and support me. Most of all I have a husband who is my best friend, he is my soul mate, the one I cherish and honor. I love him and our beautiful children more than words can say. I can't begin to name the families and children that He has put in my path and I've had the honor of ministering to. Ministry.... It's a funny word, that bring up thoughts of a large man up at the pulpit, sweating, and yelling. But I now understand ministry is our everyday task as Christians. Ministering to others by praying for them, supporting them, listening to them. So now my ministry consists of two major components, my family & friends, and my heart family. I hold each heart family as close as my own, I weep with them, and rejoice with them. I pray that God continues to bless each person in my life. I will thank Him continually for the opportunities I have had and the ones He continues to bring to me. Thank you Lord for opening these doors!!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

YEA!!!!!! I am so excited for you! Indeed our God is using you in some MIGHTY BIG ways!!! I am so happy for you and am praying that as you embark on this new chapter of your life, you let Him lead you. You know that I am here if you need ANYTHING. Without asking, you have my prayers. I am blessed to call you my friend! Love ya!

Unknown said...

oops, i was signed in as kelsey - but it's me, dee .... LOL!

MommyDee said...

and by the way - you need to now change your about me section....your paid job....no more!

love ya!!!